This job has been closed.
It’s more than a possibility
Based at our homes across Bournemouth, Poole and surrounding areas (driver essential)
£9.00 per hour
38 hours per week (30 hours per week within our Kitchens and 8 hours per week, day release at Bournemouth / Poole College)
Are you an aspiring Chef looking for your first taste in the industry or wanting to improve on your existing skills?
Colten Care is on the lookout for driven, talented Apprentices to join our team. As an apprentice you will get to work in our modern kitchens within our luxury care homes
What does it involve?
Picture yourself learning from our inspirational team of skilled chefs and mentors. You’ll be part of strong team, led by Fergus Davitt our Hotel Services Manager, where you will gain a true understanding of our unique brand.
You will move around our Cluster of Homes in Bournemouth & Poole to learn different culinary skills – direct from our experts in their field. This is an established scheme, and we are super proud of its success, with over a Dozen qualified Chefs to date. You could be next!
Dependent on experience we are flexible to start your training on either Level 2 (Commis Chef) or Level 3 (Chef De Partie)
Our apprenticeship allows you to join us in our food journey, and to share our deeply rooted passion for high quality food, using the very best locally sourced ingredients. We are passionate about giving people the best possible chance of success, by developing professional and creative high-quality chefs.
You’ll be given all the tools required to master the fundamental skills, techniques and discipline needed to succeed. Including your very own set of Chef knives.
Working to meet our resident’s needs, you will learn to produce wholesome, well balanced and nutritious meals to aid their health, wellbeing and tantalise their taste buds!
Our food complements the luxury surroundings, from freshly baked bread, use of herbs & vegetables from our Kitchen Garden, whilst taking inspiration from around the world to create a unique dining experience.
What you’ll have:
- Bags of positivity and eagerness to learn
- Driving licence and transport to enable travel between homes
- An appetite for good food
- Grade 4 / C or equivalent GCSE in Maths & English
- Can do attitude
- A natural communicator
- A team player with a sense of fun and focus on high quality service
- Genuine passion for learning & creating an exceptional resident dining experience
- Attention to detail
What you’ll get
- Paid breaks (hourly rate)
- All shifts finish at 6.30pm
- Chef Knives provided
- Free Uniform
- Support with professional development/subscriptions and diploma qualifications
- Excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- Choice of hot or cold meals and drinks on duty
- Contributory pension scheme