Care Assistant Bank
It’s more than a possibility
Health Care Assistant Bank **£250 Welcome Bonus**
Based at Abbotts Barton and/or St Catherines View in Winchester
Flexible Bank contract (zero hours/casual cover contract) variety of shifts available across days, nights and weekends
Days: Up to £11.92 per hour
Nights: Up to £12.67 per hour
Join us as a Health Care Assistant and make a difference
Now is the time to find a new, rewarding career, delivering care, compassion and commitment. Our multi-award-winning team provides the highest standards of care and comfort to support our residents’ health and wellbeing. And we are now recruiting more people like you to join us.
As a Health Care Assistant, you’ll contribute to the exceptional care we provide to our residents, keeping true to our values of being ‘friendly, kind, individual, reassuring and honest’. You will be involved in all aspects of our residents’ personal care, making a positive difference every day and helping them to lead a dignified and fulfilling life. This includes help with personal care and support for recreational activities.
Working with us offers you a superb range of benefits including:
- £250 Welcome Bonus (terms apply)
- Paid breaks (hourly rate)
- Additional hours / overtime opportunities available to suit your circumstances
- Support with professional development and diploma qualifications in Health & Social Care
- Excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- Training to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- Friendly team and great support network of internal professionals
- Real career progression opportunities
- Staff recommendation reward scheme
- Annual pay review
- Choice of hot or cold meals and drinks on duty
- Free uniforms
- Contributory pension scheme
- Background checks at no cost to you
- Base Rate: £9.60 per hour
- Additonal £1.50 per hour weekend enhancement
- Additional 75p per hour night enhancement
- Enhancements for an NVQ or Diploma Level qualification in Health & Social Care are paid as follows: NVQ 2 additional 56p p/h, OR NVQ 3 additional 82p p/h
We are looking for people with a passion and motivation to join the care sector, with or without experience. If you have transferable skills in areas such as customer service, hospitality, or from a similar care background, then this will be an advantage. In any event, we provide everyone with training from day one, using a blend of learning opportunities both on and off the job. For those aspiring to a long-term career in care, we will support your professional development and attainment of Health & Social Care qualifications.
Why choose Colten Care?
We are a family-owned care home provider with 21 homes in Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and West Sussex. All are fantastic homely environments registered for nursing care, with four specifically dedicated to dementia care. Seven of our homes are officially rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission. We are a long-standing beacon of excellence in elderly people’s care and the UK’s highest rated ‘Large Care Home Group’ on the public review site Carehome.co.uk (rating awarded March 2020).