The job has expired.
Based at Belmore Lodge Care Home in Lymington, Hampshire
42 hours per week on a rolling rota (4 on, 4 off) 12 hour shifts, 6:30am - 6:30pm, including alternate weekends.
Our Chefs are selected for their experience, skill, and imagination in creating wholesome, nutritious and well-balanced meals. Reporting to the Hotel Services Manager, the Chef takes the lead role in the management of a quality catering service. As well as devising menus in line with specific dietary requirements, you will listen carefully to our residents’ nutritional preferences and discuss and act on their ideas. You will lead both the kitchen and waiting staff to deliver an excellent dining experience which will include special celebratory events. You will be responsible for the home’s catering budget and will ensure that your team maintain the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
Working with us offers you a superb range of benefits including:
- we offer truly competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements
- we pay for annual professional subscriptions (linked to job role)
- support with studies and diploma qualifications (depending on job role)
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- we annually review salaries and hourly pay rates
- paid breaks
- hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you
Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds 706 1/2 you will be experienced in providing well balanced, tasty and nutritious food. You will already have led a team of catering staff and can demonstrate dietary knowledge. You will also have had responsibility for controlling a budget. You are friendly, kind, honest, reassuring and an effective communicator. We especially want to recruit people who share our goal of delivering the expert care and attention to detail that our residents deserve. That means cherishing the individual needs of residents and their families and putting those needs at the centre of everything we do each day.
Due to the nature of the role, you may be required on occasion to cover shifts at different care homes in the local area so flexibility is also a key requirement.
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 21 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex.
Our established services are all rated as ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we provide residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care.
We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Our aims are simple: to be recognised as both the care home ‘provider of choice’ and ‘employer of choice.’