Based at Colten House, Ringwood BH24 3FE
£22,500 - £23,000 per annum, depending on experience (reviewed after successful completion of probationary period)
37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5pm
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our friendly team in our Head Office based in Ringwood.
- As a Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for processing the organisation's payroll in a timely and accurate manner every week
- Extracting information from the roster system to transfer into Opera payroll system accurately
- You’ll be creating and maintaining employee payroll records, calculating wages and making appropriate deductions based on employee attendance records
- Additionally, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for entering payroll information into a central system with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- You will be expected to issue employee checks and earnings summaries and confidently create and run payroll reports.
- The Payroll Administrator’s other duties include dealing with payroll queries internally and externally, investigation of payroll discrepancies and keeping up-to-date with company tax obligations, employee contributions and application of company benefits, annual leave and other absences
- You’ll have previous experience in a similar role with excellent mathematical skills, accounting and book-keeping skills
- This role requires a high level of attention to detail, confidentiality, accuracy and a methodical approach
- As a confident decision maker, you’ll be able to handle payroll queries using excellent communication skills and sound knowledge of payroll matters
- You will demonstrate a good working knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and understand payroll software
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 21 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex.
Our established services are all rated as ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we provide residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care.
We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Working hours for this post are Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch. We offer 25 days holiday and a pension scheme. Our newly built contemporary offices in Ringwood offer a bright, airy break-out room, a mezzanine social area with table tennis facilities and an established forest with surrounding gardens for alfresco lunches.