Peripatetic Registered Nurse - Nights - West Dorset (up to £2000 welcome incentive)
This job has been closed.
It’s more than a possibility
Senior Peripatetic Registered Nurse (West Dorset) with up to £2000 welcome incentive, terms apply
Please note you will be contacted prior to the closing date, interviews will be ongoing and we may close this vacancy early.
Working across a portfolio of homes at our Colten Care Homes, based across North and West Dorset including, Whitecliffe House (Blandford), Abbey View (Sherborne), Castle View (Dorchester) and Newstone House (Sturminster Newton).
Up to £24.12 per hour including all enhancements
36 or 42 hours per week, nights, including alternate weekends
Additional hours / overtime opportunities available to suit your circumstances
Join us as a Senior Peripatetic Nurse and make a difference
Our multi-award-winning team provides the highest standards of care and comfort to support our residents’ health and wellbeing. We have immediate Peripatetic Nurse positions available, all with the prospect of further career progression, so if you have up-to-date clinical skills and at least two years’ experience why not talk to us? In our latest Nurses’ survey, 96% say they feel valued and have the variety and freedom to provide consistently good care.
Working in a closely-knit team of Nurses and Carers, you’ll be responsible for the health and wellbeing of residents, applying sound clinical judgement to manage a variety of acute and chronic conditions. You will provide outstanding, evidence-based, individualised nursing care, regularly updating care plans.
You will be providing both short and long term cover as directed and will be allocated a ‘base home’ for reporting and training purposes. Business mileage will be calculated from your base home.
Unlike some other providers, we offer excellent staff ratios and clinical training.
As well as fellow Nurses, you have the reassurance of working directly alongside Senior Care Leads with 24/7 on-call support from other Clinical and Quality experts.
As a senior practitioner you have a unique opportunity - thanks to our dedicated Clinical Managers - to refresh and gain new skills and to pursue further study and career opportunities.
Working with us offers you a superb range of benefits, including:
- £2000 welcome bonus (terms apply, paid in instalments)
- Business mileage paid (from your 'base home')
- Paid breaks and free meals on duty
- Opportunities for career development to Clinical Lead and beyond
- Support to achieve revalidation
- Annual NMC subscription reimbursed
- Planned and fully supported induction regardless of experience
- Staff recommendation scheme
- Company recognition and awards night
- Clinical and dementia care conferences led by the Colten team
- Support with practice supervision and assessor roles in line with NMC guidelines
- Payment towards Tier 2 visa application for eligible nurses
- Hands-on practical training plus access to Health Education England and Nursing Times’ e-Learning modules
- Development of leadership skills
- Clinical skills updates on subjects including venepuncture, catheterisation, T34 syringe driver, end-of-life care, and much more.
We will expect you to demonstrate strong clinical knowledge, role modelling and promoting best practice in wound management, nutrition, tissue viability, end-of-life care and other essential clinical interventions. You will help to ensure that healthcare objectives meet and exceed our standards and those of our regulators. It is essential that you have your own transport and are prepared to cover long distances depending on your location and work schedule.
We are a family-owned care home provider with 21 homes in Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and West Sussex. All are fantastic homely environments registered for nursing care, with four specifically dedicated to dementia care. Seven of our homes are officially rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission. We are a long-standing beacon of excellence in older person’s care, recognised as the UK’s highest rated ‘Large Care Home Group’ on the national public review site Carehome.co.uk (rating awarded March 2020).
For more details, call 01425 482477.