Senior Dementia Nurse
It’s more than a possibility
Senior Dementia Nurse / Senior RMN
Please note you will be contacted prior to the closing date, interviews will be ongoing and we may close this vacancy early.
Based at St Catherines View in Winchester
Up to £25.20 per hour, inclusive of weekend enhancement
42 hours per week, days, including alternate weekends (paid breaks included)
Additional hours / overtime opportunities available to suit your circumstances
Senior Dementia Nurse
Aim: to champion an outstanding dementia service and overcome the challenges associated with dementia, enabling quality of life for our residents.
The Senior Dementia Nurse / Senior RMN takes overall responsibility for the way in which dementia care is practiced within our care home and dementia community.
You will closely collaborate with Colten Care’s Admiral Nurse on matters of dementia care. You will oversee the dementia needs of every resident and take responsibility for the training and supervision of nurses and care teams to increase understanding of dementia and improve ways of dealing with new and challenging situations, within a dementia setting.
You will act as a role-model for staff, demonstrating best practice in dementia care whilst keeping up to date with current thinking in this field. Other key responsibilities include efficient and timely care planning for individual residents, supporting their clinical care and providing guidance, training and mentoring to the nurses and care team.
Working with us offers you a superb range of benefits including:
- Additional hours / overtime opportunities available to suit your circumstances
- Paid breaks and free meals on duty
- Staff recommendation reward scheme, up to £1,000 (terms apply)
- Opportunities for career advancement to Senior Nurse, Clinical Lead and beyond
- Support with revalidation
- Annual NMC subscription reimbursed
- Clinical and dementia care conferences led by the Colten team
- Support with practice supervision and assessor roles in line with NMC guidelines
- Payment of Skilled Worker Visa for eligible Nurses
- Hands-on practical training plus access to Health Education England and Nursing Times e-Learning modules
- Clinical skills updates on subjects including venepuncture, catheterisation, T34 syringe driver, end-of-life care, and much more
To apply, we seek a qualified nurse, either RGN or RMN, with relevant experience in dementia settings. You will have a keen interest in becoming a dementia specialist and demonstrate significant experience in older people’s care and varying types of dementia; all evidenced through continuous professional development and work history.
Previous team management or supervisory experience is a must to support with change management, process improvement and wide-ranging staffing matters. You will be accountable, professional and flexible with excellent communication skills.
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 21 beautifully appointed nursing homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex.
We have 7 homes rated as ‘Outstanding’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we provide luxury residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care.
We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approach to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’