It’s more than a possibility
Days: Up to £23.53 per hour
Nights: Up to £24.53 per hour
** Full time and part time contracts available to support you and your work/life balance, including alternate weekends (includes paid breaks) **
We’re looking for a senior nurse to join our strong clinical team and become a valued part of the senior decision-making process in our home, Bourne View in Poole.
You’ll work with fellow Nurses and Senior Care Leads, as well as the local multi-disciplinary teams, with 24/7 on-call support available to you from other Colten Care Clinical/ Quality experts. You’ll be responsible for leading the shift and the allocation of duties to other nurses and the care team. You’ll build lasting relationships with our residents and make a meaningful difference to their health and wellbeing every day.
You’ll have excellent clinical knowledge and sound judgement, with great communications skills, able to lead with a “can-do” attitude. You’ll be a team player, with attention to detail and a sense of fun. Using your clinical know-how, you can either continue as or become a practice assessor/ supervisor, supporting our student nurses and Trainee Nurse Associates.
You’ll have experience role modelling and promoting best practice in wound management, nutrition, tissue viability, end-of-life care, and other essential clinical interventions.
About Colten Care
We’re a local, family-owned, award-winning care home group, with an outstanding reputation within the industry thanks to our amazing people and our focus on keeping the resident at the heart of everything we do – “It’s All About Me.”
All 21 of our nursing homes are rated good or outstanding by the CQC, our national regulator. We provide the perfect blend of luxurious comfort and clinical excellence, ensuring residents enjoy a better quality of later life.
We’re proud to support newly qualified Nurses, those returning to practice, those wanting to take a different direction in their career and those wanting to progress providing all with a well-established development pathway. We care about you and your career and want to see you progress with us.
- Additional hours / overtime opportunities available to suit your circumstances
- Paid breaks and free meals on duty
- Opportunity to train to be a practice assessor/supervisor of student nurses
- Free uniforms
- Staff recommendation reward scheme, up to £1,000 (terms apply)
- Opportunities for career advancement to Clinical Lead and beyond
- Support with revalidation
- Annual NMC subscription reimbursed
- Clinical and dementia care conferences led by the Colten team
- Support with practice supervision and assessor roles in line with NMC guidelines
- Access to our Senior Clinical Skills Trainer and our wide selection of training programmes
- Payment and support with Health and Care Visa as needed
- Hands-on practical training and Nursing Times e-Learning modules
- Clinical skills updates on subjects including venepuncture, catheterisation, T34 syringe driver, end-of-life care, and much more